Our Website is not intended for use by children and no one under the age of 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features, register on this Website, make any purchases through this Website, or use any of the interactive or public comment features on this Website. The Cato Corporation will never knowingly request personal information from anyone under the age of 13, consistent with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998. If we become aware that a subscriber is under the age of 13, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information from our files. Please note: we may maintain record of the person's name and address in a "do not register" file to avoid subsequent registration by a child under 13. INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
We may use the personal information we collect to: present our Website and contents to you, process, track and fulfill your order and contact you about the status of your order, inform you of and administer contests, sweepstakes and promotions, allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website, send you surveys about our merchandise or services, respond to your inquiries regarding our merchandise or services, provide you with information, products or services, provide you with notices about your account, learn about your shopping preferences and improve your shopping experience, help us address issues and improve our site, merchandise and services, and protect the security and integrity of our site, notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it, carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us including for billing and collection, to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it, and in any other way we may describe when you provide the information and for any other purpose with your consent. Non-personal information may also be collected which provides The Cato Corporation with information regarding your visit to our Website. This information may include your browser version, service provider, IP address, and domain type. The Cato Corporation uses this information to understand how visitors access catofashions.com. This helps us build and optimize the best Website for our audience. DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and non-personal information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
In certain cases, The Cato Corporation may use third parties to fulfill orders including shipping, name and address verification, process payments, monitor site activity, conduct surveys, and administer emails, sweepstakes, and contests. We only share information needed in order for these companies to perform the services requested and they are contractually obligated to protect this information and use it for no other purpose. If you do not want your information collected by us or by third parties for these purposes, you can decide not to participate in these activities. We do not authorize third parties to make additional use of your information. Except as described above, we do not share, rent, or sell information that is collected online to any non-affiliated third party. USE OF “COOKIES” AND OTHER TECHNOLOGY
• Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
• Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
The Cato Corporation's credit card program is administered through Cedar Hill National Bank. Cedar Hill National Bank is committed to providing you with top-quality service while keeping your personal and account information secure. A major objective is to maintain customer confidence and trust.
(1) does not disclose nonpublic personal information about customers or former customers to affiliates or nonaffiliated third parties, except as permitted by law;
(2) will safeguard, according to strict standards of security and confidentiality, any nonpublic personal information you share with us and maintain control over the confidentiality of your nonpublic personal information;
(3) will permit only authorized employees, who are trained in the proper handling of your nonpublic personal information, to have access to your nonpublic personal information;
(4) will attempt to keep your files complete, up-to-date, and accurate, and will tell you how to notify Cedar Hill National Bank about errors or perceived errors, which Cedar Hill National Bank will promptly investigate. Cedar Hill National Bank collects nonpublic personal information about you from applications, from transactions, including account balance and payment history inquiries, and from consumer reporting agencies. Cedar Hill National Bank shares nonpublic personal information with credit reporting agencies, as do other financial institutions. From time to time, you may want to check the accuracy of your credit report. If you believe Cedar Hill National Bank has shared or reported to a credit-reporting agency inaccurate or incomplete nonpublic personal information, please contact Cedar Hill National Bank at P.O. Box 34216, Charlotte, NC 28234. Please include your name, address, home phone number, work phone number, account number and explain the inaccuracy. LINKS TO OTHER SITES
The Cato Corporation is committed to providing reasonable and appropriate technical, administrative and physical safeguards to protect against foreseeable hazards such as data loss, destruction, misuse and improper disclosure. We have implemented measures designated to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. Online information such as your credit or debit card account number is transmitted through a secure server using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption technology. You can check the security of your connection by looking at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. An unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser) means the SSL is active and the server is secure. You can also look at the URL address. If the first characters of the site address change from "http" to "https," then you have accessed a secure server. Note however that absolute security can never be guaranteed. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website. We will never request your credit card or other personal information by email. If you receive an email that appears to be a request from us for personal information, do not respond, as this may be a “phishing” scam designed to steal your information. Never include your credit or debit card number or other sensitive information in an email, as it is not a secure means of transmitting information. We will only request such information during secure transactions at our site. It is your responsibility to safeguard any password you create to access “My Account” and to sign-out when your visit is complete. YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
CUSTOMER EMAIL CORRESPONDENCE
The Cato Corporation adheres to the requirements established under the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 for broadcast customer email correspondence. If you are already on the Cato email address list and would like to be removed, please click here. To view the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003, please click here. CONTACT US
The Cato Corporation
8100 Denmark Road
Charlotte, NC 28273-5975